Wednesday, November 18

Weekend in Review...

Last weekend turned out to be a BUSY one! That is pretty unusual when you don't have a lot of friends and don't like to spend money, but we did a lot of fun stuff and even made some new friends!

Friday night we went to a cool bar/restaurant called Cedar Creek that we had been wanting to try for a long time. We met a new friend there for dinner and drinks and loved that we were able to sit outside, under the Christmas lights, in November! While I didn't take any pictures of us at Cedar Creek, here is a random pic to give you an idea.....

(image courtesy of Houston Press)

On Saturday, we took advantage of the FREE passes that our Atlanta friends gave us to the Nasa Space Center Houston....while we had limited time on Saturday afternoon, we tried to take it all in. Sadly, it holds no candle to the World of Coke, but we still thought it was cool to see MISSION CONTROL and learn about the current missions (one took off on Monday!) The bummer was that the tram ride through Johnson Space Center took over 2 hours and the high school kids who worked there were pretty moody and annoyed. Overall, glad that we did it, but probably won't be going back anytime soon.



Mission Control


Isn't he cute!!

Our super cool high school tour guide. Check out the cute shorts.


Slightly worried about the deer next to the liquid nitrogen.

But, the BEST part of our weekend was my inaugural trip to the KOLACHE FACTORY!!! David has had lots of free kolaches in Houston thanks to free breakfast at work, but I had not had the pleasure and so I begged David to take me on a Kolache date on Sunday morning before church. It was everything that I hoped for and more. Imagine warm, gooey yeast rolls filled with just about anything....I ordered bacon and cheese, David had pizza...other options include sausage, Philly cheesestake, Italian chicken, and more! I plan on making many more trips! Another good reason to come visit Houston - to sample amazing Polish treats!


These stores are truly ALL over Houston. I shouldn't have problem finding them whenever the craving hits!


Left/Closest Kolache: Bacon and Cheese; Right/Farthest: Pizza


Can you read some of the crazy flavors?

We topped off the weekend with a trip to the outlets, and a Sunday night pizza and a movie. Overall, fantastic weekend! But we are even more excited about going back to NC in less than a week!
I love Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment