Wednesday, June 16

David's 26th Birthday!

Before too much time elapses, I wanted to share a few stories and pictures from David's birthday weekend!! His parents and sister, Melissa, came to visit that weekend which made all of the happenings that much more special.

Luckily David's birthday was actually on Sunday, June 6th since he spent all day Saturday taking the CFA Level 1. Meanwhile, I picked up the Eller fam from the airport and promptly took them to one of our favorite spots - Little Bigs. We munched on pork, chicken, and hamburger sliders, homemade fries and topped them off with chocolate and strawberry milkshakes. This outdoor dining spot also gave them a full welcome into Houston's hummidity.



After a quick driving tour of our old apartment, Rice University and some last minute birthday shopping, we headed home to await David's arrival. Tom and Melissa couldn't keep their eyes open...
Once David got home, we relaxed for a bit and then walked up to 19th street (the Heights main street) to check out this art showing I heard about. Sadly, after walking in the blazing heat for 30 minutes we still couldn't find it and to top it all of - a bird pooped on me! So we decided to head onto Tiny Boxwood's for a special celebratory dinner out.



(photos courtesy of Melissa....isn't this last one awesome!)

Sunday morning I treated everyone to a big breakfast before church. Unfortunately, my Monkey Bread was a little TOO big, but yummy all the same.


After church, we headed to the Astros game for David's "birthday party." Taking advantage, once again, of the awesome $10 deal (which includes the ticket, hot dog, coke and chips), we watched the Astros destroy the Cubs. Well, at least the boys watched and the girls chatted.


Lucky for us, the cover was on the stadium. Otherwise we probably would have passed out in the heat!

We grilled out some chicken kabobs and roasted some lemon garlic broccoli for dinner that night and David enjoyed opening many awesome birthday gifts.

Some appetizers and bananagrams!





We were all pretty exhausted that night, and then I headed to work the next day while David introduced them to Kolache Factory and Shipley's Donuts. We rounded out the weekend with some beef brisket at Goode Company....

If you are wondering why all of our "weekends" seem to revolve around food, you are not alone! Let's just say I am a foodie wanna-be and was in good company. Melissa and I are always sharing ideas (she just told me tonight about a Lime Cake with Cream Cheese Icing...can't wait to try that one!)

This delay in blogging was caused by another SUPER FUN weekend with many of my best college friends....so look forward to another post this weekend with pictures from that. I have to stay on top of the blog since I have so many fun events coming up - Ellen's wedding, 4th of July at Lake James, Beach with the Ellers and Jess' wedding!!

No comments:

Post a Comment