The rest of our time in London simply flew by! On Monday, while I had meetings at UCL (University College London) and Imperial University, David went off exploring at the British History Museum. It actually worked out perfect for us to split ways for most of the sightseeing since we are completely the opposite when it comes to museums. I only read the stuff the interests me while David reads every single word.
We met up for lunch at a great pizza place (recommended by my friend Dovie) between school visits and had a few minutes to pop over to Trafalgar square for some pictures.
Jonathan, Judy and I
Later that afternoon, we cut our visit at Imperial short and I went over to meet up with David at Westminster Abbey. Although it normally costs 15 pounds to go inside, it is absolutely free to attend any of their services. So, we went to the Evening Song that happens every night and it was awesome. Arguably, this was a much cooler experience than just walking around the Abbey and much cheaper too. We kept thinking about how this is exactly where Prince William and Kate will be getting married in just a few more weeks! Although photography is strictly prohibited, we did manage to sneak a quick picture for proof that we were there.
(sorry I can't seem to turn it around)
After our Westminster Abbey experience, we walked across the street to watch a debate in Parliament. That was also a pretty cool experience but we didn't take any inside pictures.
Here are a few cool night shots from that area:
You can see both Big Ben, the London Eye and their iconic red double decker buses in this cool shot.
And finally, we made it to dinner. I was beyond exhausted at this point but David had found a cool Belgian pub to go to and it was packed - so that was a good sign.
Here I am sipping my strawberry beer. It was awesome - tasted nothing like beer but very refreshing.
And then David ordered a Belgian waffle for dessert. It was so yummy!
It was a long but fun-filled Monday. The next day was our last in London, so David got up early and headed out to the Tate Modern Museum and to see the Changing of the Guards at Buckingham Palace while I visited with London School of Economics and University of the Arts London. Here are a few pics from David's adventures that day.
And then we were off to catch another flight....up to Edinburgh, Scotland.
Looks like yall had a great time! Brings back so many memories from my semester there. Can't wait to hear about the rest of the trip.
ReplyDelete