Friday, September 16

owning a house is a lot of work!

Sorry for the lack of recent posts! Once we closed on the house and were finally able to get into it (after a brief misplacing of the key), we immediately got to work and haven't stopped! Luckily there aren't many major projects since all of the bathrooms and kitchen have been updated but pretty much everything needed a deep cleaning and fresh coat of paint.

I can be a bit of a "slave driver" when it comes to projects like these, trying to get everything finished immediately but David keeps reminded me that owning a house is a marathon and not a sprint. So as proof of that, here are some near-finished rooms and some very unfinished rooms!

Yesterday's excitement was the delivery of our new washer and dryer! I was actually excited to do laundry last night and rather than the annoying beeping noise at the end of a cycle, this one sings a little jingle.

But the rest of this room is completely unfinished. I have great plans for installing some cabinets and light switch plates this weekend to make this tiny space more functional.

Most of the living room is finished, although last night was really the first night we even sat on the sofa. We just needed a break from the constant paint fumes.

One of my favorite parts - the built in china cabinet. After 3 years, David and I are finally in possession of our fine china, which he could care less about but I am already planning fancy dinner parties!

And then....the master bedroom.....which was painted in this horrible mauve-pinky-brown color. Other than using the bathroom and closets in here, we haven't touched it yet (and are just sleeping in the guest room for now). But again, I have great plans to paint it this weekend. We'll see if that actually happens!

So there is evidence of progress but still many projects on the list. I will try to take some more pictures this weekend in between our many trips to Lowes!







1 comment: