I have so many things to update everyone on, but in my opinion, every good blog post comes with pictures and the weather (and David being at work everyday) has limited my ability to take some this week! So, keep checking for blog updates about our new CAR! our ghetto new Texas licenses, our efforts at making friends and our cute fall decorations!
But for now, I will let you know how job stuff is going! This is David's 3rd week of work and I feel like he is settling in really well. There are lots of guys (and a few girls) around our age who work there and hang out a lot outside of the office. Unlike the Atlanta office, which is pretty quiet and reserved, these guys occasionally blare rap music in the office and dare each other to do crazy things. They have all been really welcoming to both of us, inviting us to hang out on the weekends and I have gotten to know several of the guys' girlfriends!
As far as actual work goes, there was a bit of confusion about which "team" David was going to be on. Originally hired for the E&P (Exploration and Production) Energy team, he found out upon starting that he would move over to the MLP (something to do with REITs, don't ask me!) team for 6 mos. and then maybe transition to E&P. While David had a great attitude the whole time, I could tell that he had really clicked with the E&P team and had spent the last month in Atlanta reading up on all of the companies they cover and getting ready for that specific job. So, last week, his boss-man, Marshall, called him into the office and ask DAVID what team he wanted to be on, David replied E&P, and they made the switch for good! It was just in time too, since earnings season started yesterday and he will have his hands full!
But equally as exciting, David got to WRITE his first note last night! Typically he helps with the financial models, editing, research and formatting of the notes they publish after earnings releases, but yesterday they asked him to write one on a company he didn't know too much about but both of us bosses were so impressed! They barely had any changes to make! He is definitely going to be working A LOT for the next 2 weeks but I can tell that he is learning so much and excited about all of the opportunities that this office will bring him! And I am personally happy to not have to wake up at 6:00 am anymore to drive him to work now that we have another car!!
As far as my "work" goes, I honestly have been pretty busy for the last few weeks transferring all of our stuff (banking, cars, insurance, etc) to Texas and just nesting in our apartment! But now that those responsibilities have started to slow down, I have started job searching (again!) and I am talking to a few schools about possible long-term substitute roles or helping out with admissions and other roles until a full time job opens up. I am trying to be patient and wait for the right thing to come along, but also realizing that I will go crazy if I am bored for too long! So no big updates but I am content right now during this season of waiting!
Overall, things in Texas are good and hopefully we will continue to see glimpses of why the Lord brought us here! Stay in touch and check back later this weekend for lots of pictures!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment