So, I attempted to bring some of those elements (namely the merrills and pumpkin) to our little apartment in Houston. The cute pumpkin candle (thanks Sal!) was lit for about 6 hours a day, until one of the sides caved in and started dripping wax all over the coffee table! The Real Simple magazines have been one of my favorite new treats (thanks Barb!!) and of course I cannot simply live without pumpkin bread! I will admit that these loaves were probably my best yet!
Tuesday, October 27
Bringing FALL to Houston
One of the saddest parts about moving to Houston when we did is that we will miss the beautiful FALL in North Carolina and Georgia. Houston simply doesn't have fall.....just 2 days in December that might get down to the 50s and then the rest is a "cool spring" or "really hot spring." What do I miss the most? wearing my merrills everyday. the changing fall leaves (especially up at Lake James), fireplaces and fires, and pumpkin anything and everything.
And just to make sure I get my "Fall fix," David and I are actually heading to North Carolina tomorrow and Thursday to celebrate the life of David's grandmother, Anna Eller, who passed away on Monday, her 98th birthday. I cannot wait to see the Eller family (and especially meet Charlotte and Connor, my newest neice and nephew, for the first time!) but we will literally be in Greensboro/High Point for less than 24 hours so sadly I won't get to see anyone else! But I do hope there are at least a few trees boasting their vibrant red, yellow and orange leaves for me to see!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment