Monday, May 24

a blur.....

So we moved in May 1st and it is already May 25th and what do I have to show for myself?? Not a whole lot - at least as it relates to the new house!

This month has flown by, due in large part to a quick trip back to NC and virtually 98% of David's free time being devoted to passing the CFA Level 1 Exam on June 5th. In addition, David went through another "busy season" at work during the first 2 weeks of May and I have been super swamped since it is the end of the school year. I keep thinking that things will slow down and allow us to hang out and relax more, but I think that is a goal that will continue to elude us!

For now, enjoy a few random pictures from May and snippets from our life.
a wonderful Saturday morning brunch with my aunts and Mimi (we missed you Ruth!) - in part to celebrate my Aunt Ellen's engagement (which is old news at this point - she is getting married June 26th - but I hadn't seen her since it happened; she is the one on the far left of the picture)

 The Eller fam hanging out at Mike and Melissa's joint graduation party (from Elon Law and UNC respectively). Despite the killer wind, we had such a great time hanging out!

Are they precious or WHAT! Jenali and Carson - my oldest neice and oldest nephew......not pictured are their younger siblings, Charlotte and Connor.....and baby #5 on the way for the Eller clan............my sis-in-law KATIE is pregnant with her first!! We are so so pumped and cannot wait to meet the newest little one in November!

I will admit - I was just as excited about the free Krispy Kreme donuts at the Pope Box as I was about seeing Meez graduate. Ok, not really, but they were awesome.

the UNC grads filing in. can you find Melissa?? yeah, me neither.

Being back in Chapel Hill brought back so many fun memories, but we were in town for less than 6 hours so we didn't get to see many of our favorite people or places. John Grisham was the commencement speaker and was pretty funny. We also attended Melissa's School of Education graduation but David's pictures from that were pretty terrible.

The weekened was jam packed and full of family time, but it ended too soon! Luckily, we will be back a lot in June and July. In addition to work, our Growth Group and watching the office on Thursday nights, here is one more thing that we have been up to.....

Dealing with a massive tree limb that fell in our backyard last Friday night. We had enjoyed our new patio set for exactly one night and then the tree took one of our chairs as a fatality. Sadly, 9 days later the tree is still there because we are having trouble finding a chainsaw to borrow, but hopefully it will get taken care of this coming weekend.

I also have been on a recent shopping spree and plan to do some serious painting this weekend, so I promise to post some house "after" pictures of at least a few spaces. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment