Monday, July 26

1 month anniversary

Not my one month anniversary, of course. (We just hit the 2 year mark on June 28th!) But today, June 26th, is Ellen and Sumter's 1 month anniversary, and coincidentally, also Ellen's birthday (of a year that I will not mention because she might kill me.)

So to finally backtrack and post pictures of my extended NC vacation, I must start with the first event of the trip - my aunt Ellen's wedding in Pawley's Island, SC. It was a long weekend filled with 2 of my favorite things - family and weddings! Our last family wedding was my own, so it was fun to be on the other side of things this time.

I flew in early Wednesday morning and jumped in the car with my immediate family (sans David), and headed to Pawley's Island. After getting settled, mom and I stopped by my grandparents for a quick glass of wine (and enormous amount of pimento cheese) before heading out to dinner. On Thursday, my mom, Mimi, Ellen and I headed out for a last minute shopping trip (I mean, we are Bryan women after all) and then spent the rest of the afternoon out on the beach. This was first and last trip to the beach that weekend, because once the events began, there wasn't too much free time!

Here is the rest of the awesome weekend, as documented by photos...

The family at our Thursday night dinner. It was so fun to catch up with the cousins!

I mean, are they cute or what!!

Mom, Mimi and William (little brother)

On Friday morning, we headed over to the Litchfield Plantation, where my mom and aunts threw a beautiful bridal shower. Per the bride's request, it was held poolside, which made it convenient to jump in as soon as the meal ended!

Here are the beautiful Hicks women

\
Mimi and I

I love this picture of Ellen and her "new" neices!

Ellen and her "man of honor" (not hubby to be but best friend)

Mom and Aunt Trish giving the blessing

the luncheon part of the Bridesmaids Luncheon

And pretty soon we were all doing this!!!

After hanging out for a bit, we had to re-shower and get ready for the next event - the rehearsal dinner!! It was a Low Country Boil held at a house by the beach.

All of the "son-in-laws" hanging out in the corner

Mimi and Grandaddy's toast, in which they pulled out Ellen's baby blanket, worn down to a nub since she slept with it until a few years ago!

Another view of the party

And of course, the night is not complete without Sumter playing the harmonica!! He is honestly awesome at it!

So, the rehearsal dinner wrapped up with all of us dripping sweat, but having fun nonetheless. Sadly, I woke up pretty sick on Saturday but once Grandaddy started me on the Zicam regime, I was as good as new, and not a moment too soon. Beginning around 1:00, I became the island shuttle - dropping mom at the church (aka wedding planner extraordinaire), picking up Ellen and the bridesmaids at the Plantation and shuttling them to the church, running back to the house to change clothes and pick up the boys - I didn't stop moving (and sweating) until the ceremony began!

Is she beautiful or what!! And the veil has now been worn by my mother, my aunt Ruth, myself and Ellen.

Fans were quite the necessity!

I don't have any pictures of the ceremony, but it was beautiful - with the ladies in tourqoise and the men in kakhi! After a quick ceremony, mom and I were "on" again - packing up everyone's belongings, bustling Ellen's dress, etc! We loved every minute of it! And then the real fun began!

I really believe this is the happiest I have seen her in my whole life!

They sang to each other the whole time

If you have ever met my grandfather, you know he is THE sweetest man on earth.....and you can tell by this picture

And of course, what reception is complete without cake!! All of the food and drinks were amazing!

all of the Bryan ladies!

We like to call them the troublemakers. just kidding. kind of.

Not only did Sumter break out the harmonica again, but Ellen brought out the cow bell. Too bad it wasn't her favorite tambourine! They had the Blue Dogs play at the reception!

Despite the enormous length of this post, I want to post one more picture of Litchfield Plantation in the daylight. This place was gorgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment