Monday, November 1

Pumpkin-palooza!

Somehow October has flown by and I was afraid that everything "pumpkin" was going to disappear on November 1st. So to be sure I satisfied every potential pumpkin craving I might have, our entire weekend was planned around PUMPKINS. (Have you figured out how much I love all things pumpkin yet?)

To get started, I sent David this text on Friday afternoon....
"Meet you on the front porch in 20 minutes with a cold pumpkin beer?"

Obviously, this was a perfect start to our weekend. It also helped that Friday was the first day our weather had actually felt 'fall-like" and by that I mean it wasn't in the 90s. So here is my kick-off to the weekend.

And yes I am wearing pumpkins earrings. But I borrowed them from a friend at work. All of the other teachers dressed up in Halloween costumes, but since I hadn't pulled mine together yet and had also scheduled a FULL day of parent conferences, I thought it best if I did not dress up. So I compromised with the pumpkin earrings. You could say that it was the inspiration to our weekend.

David and I proceeded to have an 'at home' date on Friday since I had been sick all week and not too much fun to hang out with. So, here was the incredibly delicious dinner we shared.

My cute hubby.


Obviously after this filling dinner, we crashed.

But the next morning the pumpkin flavored goodness was there to greet us in all of its glory.....in the form of pumpkin spice coffee creamer and Trader Joe's pumpkin muffins!

+

What a fabulous way to start a Saturday morning. With two really demanding jobs, David and I have come to appreciate weekends and our time together with such thankfulness.
So this weekend, we just did things we love to do, like.....
  • going to a book sale down the street where I picked up 8 new books for only $8! They also gave us two free chick-fil-a coupons.
  • checking out the Highland Village Farmers Market where we walked away with a FREE pumpkin (on our list of to-dos for the day) and some Indian food to try.
  • shopping at Williams-Sonoma and Anthropologie. David truly won the 'husband of the year' award! While we walked away empty handed, our stomachs enjoyed some more freebies - like chocolate covered strawberries and amazing pumpkin dessert bars (which I recreated for a party that night!).
We also checked out our church's Fall Festival. Although this event was geared towards children, David and I had a great time watching the kiddos and visiting with friends. They also had free James Coney Island hot dogs, cotton candy, caramel apples and more!

    Caroline and Addyson
    After the Fall Festival, I knew it was time for me to find a costume for our Halloween party that night!! David planned to go as 'Running with the Bulls' so I naturally wanted to dress up like a bull and chase him around. Of course, I had no idea how I was going to pull that off, until I found this $14 all leather dress at a thrift store down the street. Although my horns were a little bit wimpy, I was still pretty proud of my costume.
    You can't see my cowboys boots, but they added to the outfit.
    David's work friends hosted the Halloween party and they went crazy with the decorations!
    The party hostesses - Amy, Farrah and Katie
    And to make sure we finished our "pumpkin-filled" weekend, David carved our pumpkin just in time for the trick-or-treaters on Sunday night. I was impressed that so many of them recognized the symbol.
    I definitely satisfied my pumpkin craving this weekend (although there is still some Trader Joe's pumpkin muffin mix left for when the craving returns.) I am sure that November will fly by just as quickly as October did, but hopefully I will do a better job of savoring it.
    

3 comments:

  1. i love your love of food and how it is a measurement of your life.

    oh... and i love you too.
    marked my calendar for the thanksgiving monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your cute haircut!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all things pumpkin too! And I love your blog design. I copied and got one of Tenille's designs too. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete