Friday, February 4

Snow DAY!

That's right. Houston has shut down for the day. No school. No highways. And in some cases, no power (you can read about the rolling blackouts here). Sadly, David still went into work (although I made him wait until it was light outside so the black ice wouldn't get the best of him) but I am thoroughly enjoying a day to catch up on LIFE!

As I told my mom a few days ago, I couldn't wait to have a snow day so I could clean my HOUSE! Weird, I know but the dust was starting to get to me. Besides some deep cleaning in the bathroom, our bedroom and kitchen (the guest room and living room will be tackled later this afternoon), I have been snuggling under the covers because our room is the ONLY warm place in our house. Also, local news has hijacked all regular programming to talk about the weather and our messy highways, so I don't even want to hang out in the living room.

The days menu has so far consisted of lots of yummy pumpkin coffee (thanks, mom!), creamy cheese grits, a slice of digiorno pizza and a red wine gravy pork tenderloin simmering away in the crockpot for a yummy dinner later. Can you tell this is pretty close to my PERFECT day?? If only David had stayed home too....

So, I realize I have neglected the blog since before Christmas, but a new blog design (I promise this is the last design change for a while!) and some newly downloaded pictures are re-inspiring me. So get excited for a bunch of posts in the next 2-3 weeks of our highlights from Christmas break, the meaning of community and a run-down of how crazy our lives are going to be over the next few months.

Here is one quick pic that we took prior to leaving Houston for Christmas. Anyone who has a medical FSA (flexible spending account) hopefully heard that as of Jan. 1 this year you can't buy any over the counter medicines with that money! Well, the minimum contribution we can make (according to David's benefits) to our FSA is $600 and since we NEVER use it up, we just stock up on random OTC things. Thanks to this new law, we knew we better REALLY stock up since it would be the last time. So, here is our jam-packed medicine cabinet.


I won't give a full run-down of our supplies, but yes we love Zicam and yes I did buy about 18 pregnancy tests. One day I will need them and those things are expensive! Sorry if any of this is 'too-much-information.'

Anyways, I realize this has been an extremely random post, but explore some of the new links I put on the blog, check me out on twitter (lame, I know) and come back at the end of the weekend for a few more classic pics from Christmas! 

No comments:

Post a Comment