Tuesday, June 7

Happy Birthday, David! (a day late)

Happy 27th Birthday to my sweet husband!!!

This is a day late because we have been too busy celebrating his entrance into his "late 20s" to post about it. For some reason 27 really does feel like a big jump! To honor him, we had a joint birthday party - celebrating David and two of his coworkers' birthdays - at our house on Sunday night and then had a fun dinner together last night.

The theme of the party was a low country boil, which was SO easy and fun! Here are some of the decorations for the party:
\


All decorations - including construction paper, twine, streamers, mason jars and tea lights - were all free since I had them at home. (Just a few less things to make the move)

For food, I set our fresh watermelon slices and our new obsession - Tangy Carolina BBQ chips by Lays. Seriously, so addictive. For drinks, I made lemonade and told everyone else to bring their own beverages of choice (which cut down on cost). For the "main course" I did a low country boil - corn, new potatoes, shrimp and sausage - which required me to just dump everything in a pot. It was perfect because we could serve it hot but I wasn't stuck in the kitchen. Lastly, our friend (and David's co-worker from Atlanta who has since moved to Houston) Katie Davis made another one of her famous cakes! Such a treat and one less thing for me to worry about.

Of course, newspaper was our tablecloth.


Truly amazing - four layers of carrot cake and butter cake with many sea creatures made out of rice krispy treats! Thanks, Katie!

And the people - David's coworkers are really fun to hang out with and since we were also celebrating Stacey Hudson's 23rd and Kevin Cabla's 24th birthdays, the guest list was pretty easy to determine.

Food dumped straight onto the table. The only real scare to this party was the thunderstorm that threatened our ability to eat outside, but luckily right when we were ready to serve the food, the rain held off just long enough for us to eat! 


The birthday kids. (and the cake maker)


Did you notice the silly hat David is wearing?? I bought them for all three of the birthday honorees, but Stacey claimed it was too small for her head and Kevin claimed he was too cool. I love that my husband still gets excited about this stuff with me!

It was a really fun way to start David's celebration, which we then continued last night (his actual birthday) at a downtown seafood restaurant called Reef.


David and his complimentary milkshakes!

And then I dared him to lick the chocolate, which he did. Another reason I love him!!

Fun ways to celebrate his 27th birth year!

(and also this month is our 3rd wedding anniversary!)

No comments:

Post a Comment