Saturday, June 11

computer saga

So, David and I both got new computers during our senior year of college. Sadly, David's has always had some type of problem (weird battery, the first version of Vista, etc.) but then two Februaries ago mine got a virus and was basically not usable from them on.

It wasn't a big deal since I had a school laptop and we just used that for all of our picture storing and web browsing needs. But I have to give my work computer back in 2 weeks. And in this day and age, you HAVE to have a computer that works. So we debated about buying a new one, going without as long as possible or just trying some interim solutions. Of course the last idea was the one we went with.

To revamp our computers, David lent them to a friend to do a bunch of updates on both computers. We did have to buy some more RAM (still not totally sure what that is). So now they essentially work, although we have to start off with reinstalling lots of programs, pics, etc. But mine is essentially no longer a "laptop" since the battery was dead, so I decided to order a new to stretch the life span on it.

The battery came in the mail this week and in trying to read the instructions to install it (which there weren't any), I started laughing out loud about their warnings:

1. Never step or tread on the battery pack. Duh.
2. Never hammer a nail into the battery pack. Check.
3. Never hit a hammer on the battery pack. Isn't that kind of self explanatory after #2?
4. Never throw the battery pack into fire, as that could cause the battery pack to explode. Seriously, who would actually try that???

So provided I closely follow their warnings, my new battery hopefully bought me another year or two of usage of my laptop! And maybe in that time I can finally convince David to let us buy a MAC for our next computer!

No comments:

Post a Comment