We finally made it to NC! Twice, actually. Before we made the actual move back to the Tarheel state, David and I got to take a week long vacation with his family and celebrate the nuptials of two great couples.
First, Dirk and Anna's wedding in Raleigh. A great chance for us to see David's high school friends, see Becca and Todd's "new" house (although they have lived there for over a year), and finally check out Andrew's coffee shop. It was a nonstop weekend, but tons of fun.
Lucky for me, the cake was Edible Art!
After Dirk and Anna's wedding, we spent a week at Myrtle Beach with David's family, playing constantly with our eight month old niece Lily! She has grown so much since we last saw her. (I didn't take any pictures that week, but here is a recent one of Lily stolen from her mama's blog)
Then we headed to High Point/Winston Salem for Alex and Sarah's wedding. It was a great Chi Psi reunion that we are excited to repeat in a few weeks!
The guys - clad in bow ties and seersucker
The ladies, including the newest addition - Ms. Allie Perry!
This last picture represents one of the things I am most excited about in Charlotte -
David and Stockton reunited!
In addition to all of this fun, David and I finished up our jobs in Houston, packed up our whole house (with the help of my mom and sister-in-law), said goodbye to friends and drove over 1,000 miles back to NC. We are getting settled into Charlotte this week and can't wait to see what adventures will be in store.
*******************************************************************
On an entirely different note, I am thinking about changing the content of this blog a bit. Since most of our activities will be shared with my primary readers (Mimi, Mom, the Eller/Davis clan and my ATL friends) I want to dig a little bit deeper into our life and experiences in order to reflect on this season of life. I am not completely sure what this will look like yet, but I am excited to let the Lord use this tool to not only refine my OWN understanding of Him but to share my observations as well. Let me know if you have thoughts about that.
No comments:
Post a Comment