Tindell and I left Houston bright and early Tuesday morning and trekked 12 hours and 750 miles, only stopping for super quick potty breaks and fuel refills. I spent the night with my cousins for a few days, and were able to share with them some pictures from David and I's Texas Rodeo Adventure from the night before....
Texas and its trucks! When I showed this picture to my twin cousins, Anna and Grace, they were so jealous! Apparently they both want trucks.
Bad picture, but proof that we were there. You can also see how far away our seats were.
Lady Antebellum. Awesome concert!
Despite a long drive the night before, I got up super early (especially considering the time difference) to celebrate my sweet friend Sally's belated birthday with some of my closest girl friends in Atlanta!
Sally blowing out her birthday candles. This was also my inagural trip to Flying Biscuit Cafe!
Sadly, those are all the pictures I have, but I will attempt to whet your appetite with a run-down of my trip, as told through my dining excurions. In order to have quality time with all of my friends and family in Atlanta, I tried to schedule a breakfast, lunch and dinner meeting for almost every day. After breakfast with all of the girls on Wednesday morning, I spent the rest of the day playing with Sally and then met one of my oldest friends in the world, Emurr, at Mellow Mushroom for dinner. Not only do I LOVE their pizza, but I got to have a Sweetwater Blue beer. Oh, how I miss those!
On Thursday, I grabbed breakfast with my uncle Todd at OK Cafe. My earliest memories of OK Cafe are from when I was in 5th grade and my little brother tried to pick fake dollar bills off of the money tree in the middle of the restaurant. Many family meals have occurred at the OK Cafe. Then I hurried out towards Whitefield (where I worked last year) and met my boss/mentor/friend Diana for lunch at Crepe Revolution. I will forever be indebted to her, both professionally and personally. After another walk with Sal that afternoon, I got to spend the evening with my cousins, enjoy a gourmet meal at home, courtesy of my Aunt Erin, and helping Anna and Grace set up their G-chat so I can catch up with them from Houston.
On Friday, I allowed myself to finally sleep in, pick up my new favorite Starbucks drink (a skinny vanilla latte) and check out my favorite furniture consignment stores. While I didn't buy anything, it is always fun to look and my friend at Treasure Mart definitely recognized me (considering I was there at least twice a week last summer!). I had a late lunch with Erin at Little Azio and then another walk with Sal at Chastain Park, one of my favorite places in Atlanta. Then we met our other girl friends for dinner at Chipotle and went back to Hailey's for margaritas and a sleepover!!! I love hanging out with those girls (Hailey,Lindsay, and Sally) because we can go from serious conversation to belly-bursting laughter at any given moment.
Although I was only in Atlanta for three short days, I did feel like I got to spend quality time with almost everyone I care about there and eat at MOST of my favorite places. And hopefully David and I will make it back to Atlanta at the end of the summer.
Another 12 hour drive back home and we were greeted by FREEZING temperatures and heavy winds, definitely making our return back to Houston less sweet. But I was glad to get back to David!
While we both had a super busy week, we have enjoyed another relaxing and beautiful weekend (imagine 75 degrees with no humidity = perfect] - walking to a nearby Farmer's Market on Saturday and spending time with new friends at our church's Fried Chicken Picnic today. We are looking forward to a short, 4-day work week (really only 2 days for David since he has another conference to go to in-town) and then my parents come visit this weekend!!
I do promise to take lots of pictures when they visit, so stay tuned for next weekend's blog update! Have a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment